AboutMission Statement and Core Values
Our mission is to provide excellent support for learning, research, and discovery among the Arkansas Tech University community with special attention to the following:
- a comfortable, safe, and welcoming environment with a reliable technical infrastructure to encourage all types of intellectual inquiry;
- well-organized and maintained resource collections in a variety of formats and of such breadth and depth as to meet the needs of all degree programs offered at the University;
- a well-prepared and service-oriented staff, including credentialed information professionals, engaged in collaborative learning and instruction with students and faculty;
- an array of services designed to leverage resources and staff expertise to benefit all educational endeavors;
- up-to-date technology to enable all levels of research, communications, and information retrieval;
- a program of continuous assessment and improvement that is data-driven and based on measurable, mission-based objectives.
A commitment to quality is our top priority as we strive to fulfill our mission. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our community, to continuous improvement and rigorous assessment, and to providing innovative and technologically advanced methods of serving our constituencies.
We are committed to providing an accessible, safe, pleasant, user-oriented environment as we initiate, enhance, and improve our services. We strive to provide our community with the best resources available and to facilitate the academic, professional, and personal success of our students and faculty.
We are committed to providing a competent, skilled staff dedicated to service, teaching, and research. We strive for self-improvement through participation in professional opportunities and training that will enhance our skills and broaden our knowledge.
We are committed to the highest ethical and professional practices. We are dedicated to fostering partnerships with our university colleagues and to promoting collegiality, collaboration, cooperation, and communication within our community.
We respect the individuality of all persons and value the initiative and creativity of our staff. We recognize, teach, and advocate tolerance, mutual respect, and civility in all of our actions. We are committed to embracing our differences, fostering a spirit of cooperation and teamwork, and protecting the right to free expression.